THE RIGHT METHOD TO FIND A JOB
I have to be square with you. I’ve been an Employment Counsellor for many years. After all this time, I am absolutely convinced that the best way to find jobs is not wasting your time ON THE COMPUTER, sending out resumes and cover letters to employers out there who have already given the advertised job to their relative, friend or acquaintance. Spend 30 minutes a day max. And don’t expect so many results, because if you do land one of those advertised jobs, you are either the cream of the crop or perhaps lucky.
(1) Get out their and network: at social events, interest/hobby groups, religious places, atheistic places, whatever. Check http://www.meetup.com for groups. Remember, you need an insider in a company to pull you in. That is the best way.
(2) Go face to face (F2F). Check out http://www.yellowpages.ca or whatever your local Yellow Pages or other directory listing of businesses is, and make a list of companies, preferably not far from your home, and go out directly to companies to apply. See the end of this post for a script on talking to employers.
(3) If it starts raining again, as it typically does after 5 days where I live in the Wet Coast of Western North Turtle Island (Canada), or you are stuck at home for some reason, just take your cell phone or home phone and begin making phone calls to employers. Again, see the end of the post for yet another script, this time about making phone calls.
To be IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME for a job you need to be somewhere other than your computer at home.
HOW ABOUT A BF / GF / ETC.?
DID YOU KNOW that where I live in Vancouver, North Turtle Island (Canada), there are 1000s of singles who cannot find boyfriends and girlfriends? I saw a news report on this last winter, and some online articles too. One matchmaking service rep said the reason people cannot find a date is because they’re wasting all their time at home – on the Internet. In the 1980s and 90s people went out to parties, nightclubs, outings, hikes, events, etc and met their potential mates. Today, Facebook is the new god, Internet is the new religion, and the Online Self is the New You. We worship in the new temple of Internet and other technological wonders, and then wonder why the Hades we can’t find a job or a girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife or friend or whatever.
THE G.O.Y.A. METHOD
G.O.Y.A. is the key to solving your problem: http://www.candogo.com/search/insight?i=4194 and http://www.lyved.com/success/the-art-of-getting-off-your-ass/.
The Internet is a tool, nothing more. God is God, or, if you’re an atheist or polytheist or whatever, the Universe is the Universe, Reality is Reality and You are You. Get off your anatomy, get outside, and find a job. Home is for sleeping, eating, enjoying with family, but not for job search. Don’t believe all the people, websites and even companies who tell you “Go online” for your job search. That’s the sure way to long-term unemployment. Go out and meet some real, flesh-and-blood people. If any employer or staff barks at you when you approach them for a job, just say, “Face to face is and always has been the best way” and be confident.
Employers who rely on the Net to find their employees are simply:
(2) screening everyone, including you out in order to justify choosing for the advertised position their family, friends and acquaintances, whom they already chose BEFORE they put the job ad on the Net, and
(3) actually making more work for themselves than if they use the face-to-face method.
DON’T KNOW HOW TO DO FACE-TO-FACE? READ DALE CARNEGIE!
Just head to your local library, bookstore or Amazon and buy Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People. You’ll learn fast enough how to deal with people. Of course, after spending years wasting time with the Internet, or video games, or other shart, it’s going to take awhile before you become a normal, sociable person again. Don’t worry, it’ll come, slowly but surely. I am living proof!
CONCLUSION: THE RED OR BLUE PILL – WHICH ONE WILL YOU TAKE?
So don’t buy into the Game, people. Face-to-face. Face-to-face. I can’t emphasise it enough. The Techo-Worshippers will lose the battle eventually, and you who choose face-to-face methods of doing things will win. I always like to be on the winning team, don’t you?
You have a choice. If you’d like to be unemployed or under-employed for a long time, stay at home and email your resume all day long. It’s the red pill or the blue pill, it’s your choice. I suggest the Blue Pill (Networking/F2F/Phone/Minimal Emailing of Resumes).
The famous Red pill / Blue pill scene from the Matrix film (1999)
“You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” – Morpheus 
Here’s to victory . . .