You know, we all feel shitty sometimes.
Shittiness, the blues, feelin’ down in the dumps, whatever you call it, doesn’t feel that great, doesn’t it?
Maybe some like it. Maybe it makes you feel entitled, privileged, forcing others to cater to your whims and desires.
Maybe no one cares. Or you think no one does.
Whatever the case, you need to take a Reality Pill to help you make it through the day.
The reality is:
– You’re alive, that counts for something.
– There are probably a lot of blessings you can count. Ever heard the story of the guy who got robbed? He remained happy, despite being ripped off. How?
Well, he reasoned that: (1) at least his money and other objects weren’t taken; (2) at least the thief didn’t harm him; (3) at least he himself is not a thief.
– The Creator loves you and wants to relate to you on a personal level. That’s good news. I really don’t care if you’re an atheist, agnostic, or evolutionist. Whatever. Believe whatever you wanna believe. That’s up to you. But the Creator is still around, and still is available for connecting with. Think about it.
– Hell, if you’re not absolutely convinced you want to commit suicide, then you’re in luck. You have several good reasons to live. Great! Count ’em out. It’ll do you some good.
I found when I’m feelin’ shitty, I can:
– Phone a friend
– Get into nature
– Talk to a senior
– Play with a baby
– Have sex with my wife
– Go jogging
– Listen to some mind-blowing music
– Watch a great movie
– Make something
– Write a song
– Play my guitar
– Do some life planning, especially something that may bring good results
– Dream about how my enemies are going to reap what they sow (jes’ jokin’!)
– Think about all the fun my parents had in making me. Think about all the fun the fishies and eggies had in partying down there in Momma’s womb before they got together and did the BIG BANG, creating me.
There are many other persuasive ideas I have to tantalise you with here, but I have to think of them.
So, until then, over and out!